Welcome to the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning at the School of Information Studies
The goal of the Faculty Center is to provide a one-stop shop of tools, information and resources that support new and current instructors teaching at the School of Information Studies. The Faculty Center has information for all full-time, adjunct, and Ph.D. instructors who teach face-to-face, blended or online courses.
• Faculty support for course design, development and delivery
• Blackboard support
• New faculty on-boarding training
• Faculty pedagogical quality workshops and sessions
• One-on-one and small group consulting for course preparation
• One-on-one and small group consulting for classroom preparation
• Panopto for recordings of lectures, screen casts, video recordings in classroom, etc.
• Adobe Connect sessions
• Support of additional instructional tools: Turnitin, Ensemble Video, YouTube, WordPress
• In class demonstrations for students
• One stop shop for all things faculty related
Along with the services listed above, we can also serve as a resource for such things as: handling introverted and extroverted students, flipping a lesson plan, engaging students, creating a welcome video, etc.
We are always open to suggestions and recommendations from YOU on how we can make the Faculty Center better support you.
Please stop by anytime in Suite 206! Or contact Center staff as follows:
Peggy M. Takach
Director of the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning
Jeffrey L. Fouts
Director of Instructional Technology