The Blackboard Content Collection is a tool that allows faculty, staff, and students to store, manage, and share content. The Content Collection has a number of features that enhance the capabilities that already exist in Blackboard.
The Blackboard Content Collection:
- is fully integrated with Blackboard that faculty and students are already familiar with
- makes reusing files much easier — faculty can save a file in the Content Collection once and link to that file from many courses
- allows easy file management — when a file that resides in the Content Collection needs updating, faculty can update it only once and there won’t be any need to go into each course to upload an updated version of the file
- reduces resource consumption because the files can be managed and shared without the need for duplication
- makes it easy for faculty and students to share their files with the users both within NIU and outside
- offers easy access to resources placed in e-Reserves and allows faculty to link to those resources from their Blackboard courses
- provides an easy drag-and-drop interface through the Web Folder feature that makes copying and managing large number of files much easier
- functions as a virtual hard drive that is available from anywhere by logging in to Blackboard.
Blackboard Drive provides choice and simplicity in how you create, access, manage, and edit the files you store in the Content Collection, from your desktop. No matter how you choose to work with your course, personal, or departmental files, Blackboard Drive can save you time.