An item is any type of file, text, image or link which is displayable to students.
- Enter the course and ensure Edit Mode is On (the Edit Mode switch is in the upper right corner of the page).
- Enter the content area where the item is to be placed by clicking on that area in the course menu.
- Hover over the Build Content menu and select Item.
- Enter a Name for the item (required) and a Description (optional).
- Under Attachment, use the Browse My Computer or Browse Course Files button to add a file attachment as desired.
- Under Options
- Select Yes or No for Permit Users to View Content Item. In order for students to access the item, Yes must be selected.
- Select Yes or No for Track Number of Views.
- Select Date and Time Restrictions as desired.
- Click Submit when finished.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Creating an Item and Creating a File?
While nearly the same outcome can be accomplished with either content type, “Create File” can only be used for file uploading/file linking; a description and alternate name cannot be included. When “Create Item” is used, the Visual Text Box editor is displayed (where new text and/or HTML can be included) and if a file is attached, a different name for it may be included, as well. Below is an example of both types of content.