Also check out the advice and resources in the “Lending Library”.
- Life of a Proposal – Two views of the process for grant proposal writing
- Essential Points for Proposal Preparation
- NSF Review Criteria
- Heilmeier’s Catechism – A well known set of questions that have stood the test of time
- What Characterizes a Good Proposal?
- Debunking Grant Writing Myths – Kenneth T. Henson
- Foundation Straight Talk – or why it’s good to involve Foundation Relations
- How to Fail in Grant Writing – Elizabeth Jakob and others
- NSF CAREER Proposal Writing Tips – Tips, and advice in a collection of 16 essays on writing the CAREER proposal.
- Twelve Steps to a Winning Research Proposal – George A. Hazelrigg
- Writing Style – a graphic outlining the essence of an effective writing style
Talking with Your Program Officer
- What to Say – and Not Say – To Program Officers – Michale J. Spires
- Can We Talk? Contacting Grant Program Officers – Robert Porter
- First Person: “Life as an NSF Program Director” (from a rotator’s perspective) – Doug Fisher
- Creating a Budget for Your Project Proposal
- NSF Data Management Plan – Here is a sample template (with instructions) for building your Data Management Plan. Variations on a theme work, too
- The Statement of Work
- Data Services – Services the library can provide regarding data management
- One Winning Format for Proposal Descriptions – a model for descriptions that has successfully been used to secure many grants! For this one, since we want to protect the author’s IP, you need to send an email to Eileen (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request it!