- People To Know – Identifies the iSchool people and SU offices that can help you in this large and complex endeavor
- Research Guides– Brenna Helmstutler’s iSchool research guides
- See also the Proposal Preparation page!
- Syracuse University has a range of computing services available to researchers. Among these research computing resources are a high throughput computing cluster, cloud hosting of virtual server space for computing and storage, the Crush cloud, which offers virtualized space for computationally intensive work, the Green Data Center, and help with data management.
- In addition a number of specialized software packages are available for your research needs.
- Contact Research Computing for more information and help!
Scholarly Impact Resources
- Experts@Syracuse – Explore expertise at Syracuse University and its units through publications, sponsored awards, personnel, and collaborations
- Scholarly Impact Tools – A guide to keeping your public profile and reputation up-to-date and looking good!
- Citation Metrics Guide – For citation analysis, provided by the Library
- How can I use Google Scholar Citations for scholarly profiling? – written by SU Library’s Anne Rauh and Linda Galloway
Research Tools and Statistical Resources
- Citation Management Tools – Uses and resources, provided by the Library.
- Qualtrics – Cloud-based research tool
- Statistical and Numeric Data Resources – Provided by the Library.
- Statistics and Research Methods – Help with SAS, Stata, and SPSS
- Managing Student Researchers – Guidelines to help you and your students be successful.
- PostDoc Mentoring Plan – A template for your proposal as well as suggestions for mentoring strategies.
- REU Guidelines – Guidelines specifically for Research Experiences for Undergraduates.
- iSchool Policy for Cash Payments to Human Subjects – A description of a PI’s responsibilities and the process surrounding paying human subjects in cash for their participation in a project.
Ethics in Research
- On Being A Scientist – Guide to Responsible Conduct In Research – The title of this book says it all!
- Why Are Ethics Important in Research?