► Office Space
The iSchool is based on a building standard; there are minimal arrangements that may be accommodated. No changes in actual furniture items may be made unless there is a specific medical requirement. Any wall hangings (pictures, etc.)need to meet a standard, typically framed and be hung by Physical Plant personnel. Additional questions or requests may be directed to Roger Merrill at email@example.com or call x1674.
► iDesk (GA/Student Space)
iDesk is shared space that has a number of assignable student desks and a central pod of shared computers and a single networked printer all supported by IT Services. Special or one-off software, AtlasTI for example, that is purchased by your project or sponsor will be installed based on the number of licenses acquired with the system(s) being clearly identified. Peripheral desks will be assigned based on particular criteria:
- Sponsored projects get highest priority
- Research/practice projects leading toward sponsorship get next highest priority
- Program assistants supporting our program directors, enrollment management and student services personnel get medium priority
- Unfunded research/practice projects involving “Scholarship in Action” are next in line
- General unfunded activities will be supported once the other categories are satisfied
- These spaces are generally not available for students in the Faculty Assistants program
► iSpace (Faculty Hoteling
Faculty on leave vacate their offices. Upon return, a new office will be assigned. iSpace will be a shared office facility in which a place (desk, computer & phone) can be reserved in advance for faculty members who do not have individual offices. iSpace will provide state-of-the-art, adjustable work stations, noise-canceling headphones, portable storage, satellite private meeting spaces and dedicated concierge service. The concierge service will include:
- Managing reservations in iSpace, booking meetings in associated private meeting rooms and collaboratories
- Providing a personal interface with ITS, faculty services, and business office when faculty member is away (including copying, scanning, library, reimbursement, etc.)
- Travel and hotel reservations as needed for business travel to and from Syracuse
- Generally take care of the on-campus needs of faculty who are temporarily away
Contact Lois A Elmore firstname.lastname@example.org, or call x4197 for assistance.
► Adjunct Office Space
To reserve adjunct faculty office space, email Maureen O’Connor Kicak at email@example.com or call x5605.
To obtain office keys, email Maureen O’Connor Kicak at firstname.lastname@example.org or call x5605.
► Office Phones